General Care Tips
Tips and Helpful hints to keep your car running smoothly and
The information that follows will help you to improve vehicle safety, longevity and fuel economy, while helping to protect the environment.
1. Keep your tires inflated at the correct pressure. Under
inflation causes tire wear and wastes fuel.
2. Ensure your car is properly and regularly maintained. Poor engine lubrication, wheel alignment and poorly adjusted brakes can increase fuel consumption.
3. Accelerate slowly and smoothly. Avoid jackrabbit starts. Get into a higher gear as quickly as possible.
4. Avoid long engine idling. If you have to wait for a long period of time, it is better to turn off the engine and start again later.
5. Avoid engine lag or over-revving. Use a gear position suitable for the type of road you're travelling.
6. Avoid drag. Where possible keep all windows closed and ensure that the doors, bonnet (hood), and boot (trunk) are securely fastened.
7. Do not rest your foot on the clutch or brake pedal. This causes needless wear, overheating and poor fuel economy.
8. Keep all wheels in proper alignment. Improper alignment not only causes faster tire wear but also puts an extra load on the engine.
9. Keep your vehicle tuned up and in top shape.
10. Getting more miles from a liter or gallon of fuel is actually easy. Just take it easy while driving. It will also make your vehicle last longer.
11. Tires in good condition and at the right pressure improve both safety and fuel consumption. Be sure to check your tires regularly.
Call us on 417 736 2323 with all your questions.